Wednesday, November 3, 2010

West Virginia

I had an awsome opportunity during the summer of 2008 to work for a company that did title search work for an Oil and Gas company. So, this job took me from the comforts of my small town Indiana home to Pocahontas County in West Virginia. I was away from home and family The bonus was I was with family, my cousin and her husband own the company so it didn't make it so bad I was with people I knew, for the most part. I had a 30 minute drive to work, because we were in the middle of God's country and there is no way to get anywhere quick. Plus, this was the only lodging that would hold the entire crew and was close (somewhat) to the courthouse. I would have to say that was the best summer of my life.

The Highlights were:
I got to see two great bands play (Pure Prarie Leauge and The Outlaws)
Mom, Dad, Beth and Hannah came durring the 4th of July to visit.
It was the first time I had a BBQ Bologna sandwich. (It was heavenly!)
I got to see a real live bear and was happy I was in my car!
I got to see most of a BEAUTIFUL state driving around, and
Met some wonderful people and One good friend (who lives there).

Check back in soon for my tourist's guide to visiting West Virginia!

No comments:

Post a Comment