Thursday, August 5, 2010

NPR Article

My Aunt hooked me to NPR. Now I have to say, my feet are just wet on NPR i'm not fully in. I listen to different Podcasts that NPR puts out but I have not ventred to listening to NPR fully yet, I'm not a NPR junkie. I came across this article that was posted, I don't remember exactly where I found it at, but I did. This article touched me. It made me think back to those students I passed at IUS and they looked a little rough around the edges, a little tired, and lugging 2 or 3 bags around with them. Those same students I'd see in quiet corners of the campus taking a nap, eating a sandwich, and their nose in a book/laptop. I often wondered about their lives. Were they homeless to an extenet? Were they couch hoppers? I may never know, but with the economy in the slump that it's in will there be more students in this situation. The only thing I can say is that I'm thankful every day that when I was laid off from work, I had my family to fall back on, and a bed at my parents.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=128778321

College Students Hide Hunger, Homelessness by Gloria Hillard



No comments:

Post a Comment